***UPDATE: We've found brilliant help so are set for now! If you have floral design experience and would like to be added to our roster of freelancers, please email email@example.com as we're always adding to our list. ***
We're hiring! We are currently looking for a part-timer to assist in our Ashburn, VA studio for fall wedding season - now through November or December with potential for growth into a permanent position.
Here are the details:
- 5-10 hours per week, hourly rate, temporary position
- Super flexible hours - weekday availability preferred - any time of day
- This is a studio assistant position - not a design role - although there will certainly be opportunities to play with flowers and learn a lot about design! There is also potential for this to grow to include more design responsibilities.
- This is a physical position with a lot of grunt work. If you work at a desk all day or sit in a classroom, this would be a nice change of pace!
Duties will include:
- washing buckets, vases, containers, etc.
- prepping containers for design work (adding tape grids, chicken wire, flower frogs, foam, etc.)
- organizing hard good inventory (candles, vases, supplies, etc.)
- processing flower shipments (cleaning stems, treating water, general babying of flowers when they arrive at the studio)
- cleaning the cooler and storage areas
- cleaning the work room post events (sweeping, mopping, trash, cleaning tools
Other duties might include:
- Google searching obscure antique vessels, fabrics, etc.
- Picking up flower orders from local farms and the airport
- Gathering material for social media and blog posts
- Pinning all the things on pinterest
- Being a bouquet model
- Participating in pop-up shops, workshops, etc.
- Opportunities for un-paid shadowing of entire process of client management, design process, product ordering, event set-up, etc. Overall lots of learning opportunities are available if you're interested in learning more about wedding and event floral design.
- Opportunities for earning additional paid hours if working event set-ups/break-downs - although not required with the position.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.